What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daily Deals: CVS




I
love the feeling of getting a great deal! I try to go to CVS once a week to check out what sales they have going on. Before I go, I always make sure to look at their weekly store ads online and jot down what I'm interested in, that way I know exactly where to go once I get there (not that I dont still browse the entire store anyways lol). I also ALWAYS check my email, every few weeks I get a 20% off coupon sent to me (I think if you have an Extra Care card and are signed up for their Beauty Club, you should be getting one to. Make sure to check and take advantage of this great offer!) For this trip, I was lucky to have a $1 off coupon for any Maybelline Mascara. Whenever I go into any drugstore I always look to see which displays have coupons, I always get one even if I dont plan on using them that day or what is on that display...you never know when you will see something you like and want! So here is what I got!





Infusium 23 Shampoo Repair & Renew $7.39 (BOGO Free)
Infusium 23 Conditioner Repair $ Renew $7.39 BOGO Free)
Jergens Natural Glow Express $8.99 (On sale for $7.99)

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies $ 7.49 (Spend $7 on any Maybelline mascara and get $2 Extra Bucks)


Revlon Lipstick in Rosey Nude $8.99 (On sale for $6.99 and get $5 Extra Bucks)




Revlon Color Stay Lipliner in Rose $7.99 (On sale for $6.99 and get $5 Extra Bucks)

Purchased



Infusium 23 Shampoo Repair & Renew $7.39 
Infusium 23 Conditioner Repair $ Renew $7.39 
Jergens Natural Glow Express $8.99 
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies $ 7.49 
Revlon Lipstick in Rose Nude $8.99 
Revlon Color Stay Lipliner in Rose $7.99 



Total (before sale, deals, and coupons) $48.24 Thats almost $50 in 6 items before tax!

Sales,Deals and Coupons



-$7.39 Free Infusium 23 Conditioner Repair & Renew
-$1 Jergens Natural Glow Express
-$1 Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies
$2 Extra Care Bucks Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies
-$2 Revlon Lipstick
$5 Extra Care Bucks Revlon Lipstick
-$1 Revlon Lipliner
$5 Extra Care Bucks Revlon Lipliner
20% off Coupon
Total Savings $25.89 I saved almost 25!! 


Mini Review and First Impression
Infusium 23 shampoo and conditioner: I'v only used it once so far but after I used it my hair felt so soft and bouncy! I have thin limp hair so it is practicality impossible to get any natural volume. I felt like I got some from just using this duo. I'll review it again once I'v been using it for a while.
Revlon Lipstick in Rosey Nude: Its a little darker then I would have liked, Its more like a dark mauve, not a Rosey Nude.
Revlon Color Stay Lipliner: OMG I drew this on my hand to take a picture of the swatch and when I went to rub it off...I couldnt!! I am so impressed! It would not rub of no matter how hard i rubbed. Iv never seen anything like it! I will never buy another brand of lipliner in my life, Revlor Colorstay is the best I have ever seen!
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies: I'v seen mixed reviews on this so I wanted to try it myself. This mascara really does give you noticeably thick lashes. I was actually surprised. I havent testes the longevity of it yet so stay tuned for that. I dont like that it looks a little clumpy and that my lashes dont look long and straight, they almost look messy. 

I LOVE CVS!! Here are a few ideas on how to save money when you shop there.
  • Sign up for a Extra Care Beauty Club Card. They keep track of how much you spend on    beauty products and once you reach $50, you receive $5 Extra Care Bucks. Find out more about the Extra Care Beauty Club HERE. 
  • Check your email for any coupons. I receive a 20% off coupon every few weeks. The coupon can be used online, or in stores. If you prefer to shop at the store, you have the option of sending the 20% off coupon to your Extra Care card or it can also be printed.
  • When in the store, search for the "Magic Coupon Machine"!! Its the big red price scanner usually found in front of the store. A lot of people dont know that if you scan your Extra Care Card, it will print out coupons!! Iv gotten coupons $5 off my purchase of $30 or more, free chocolate, free bandages, free Kotex, $2 off any 2 NYC products, $1.50 off any Maybelline Lash Blast, $3 off Revlon cosmetics...the list goes on and on! This machine is your best friend! take advantage of it!
  • Check your Sunday paper and other drugstores for Manufactures Coupons. Most of them can be added to your CVS coupons. 
  • Always check the CVS Weekly Ad to see what deals they have going on. You can check on line buy going to CVS.com and clicking on "Weekly Ad" at the top right corner. Just enter your zip code and select a store near you.
  • I also always like to browse the entire store lol. I didnt see anything about the Infusium 23 BOGO Free sale in the weekly ad, i spotted it when I was in line waiting to pay! So glad I saw it!
Do you have any tips or tricks to saving money at CVS??
Also, have you tried the Jergens Natural Glow Express?? Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment