What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Monday, August 29, 2011

August Favorites and Reviews!

Its about that time again....monthly favorites time!! This month I dont have many makeup related items, it's more a mixture of things I found myself reaching fro over and over again. Iv ben using a few of these for a while now so I will also be including a few reviews. 




Fitness Magazine $5.99 1 year subscription
Review: I'v been on a health kick for a while now so I've been flipping trough a ton of these health magazines. Fitness is my favorite! It had tons of helpful articles that were easy to understand and apply to my life. I feel like Shape and some other ones had more advertising then actual useful information. Click HERE to get a full years subscription for only $5.99!! 


Nature's Path 2/$6 Whole Foods
Review: These are organic granola bars that were recommenced to my by Jocely J. I got them at Whole Foods for 2 boxes for $6 and they are sooo yummy! It's a nice sweet treat that you wont feel guilty about. My favorite is the Peanut Choco, click HERE to see all their flavors.


Revlon ColorStay Lipliner $7.99 CVS
Review: Amazing! Lasts FOREVER!! I just got this last week but I already love it. It has become one of those makeup items that you cant live without and will buy over and over again and even buy back ups just incase they ever stop making it. I have never seen a lipliner with this much longevity in my entire life. It goes on smoothy and is in a retractible pencil form which is a huge plus..no sharpening!I highly recommend this! 


Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner $8
Review: This has quickly replaced my Wet n Wild gel liner. The brush it comes with is just as great at the product it's self. The shape of the bristles allows you to create as thick or thin of a line as you want. The brush glides smoothly over the product and picks up the perfect amount effortlessly. It lasts all day and wipes off easily at the end of my day with my makeup wipe removers. No having to scrub it off lol. I do recommend using a primer or setting powder to avoid any smudgyness towards the end of the day. Im going to be doing a post comparing this to the Wet n Wild, so look out for that to see swatches and get more info.


ELF Stipple Brush $3
Review: I love this brush for applying blush and bronzer. The soft bristles pick up the perfect amount of product and gives you a perfect smooth airbrushed looks. This brush is amazing for just $3! I reach for this brush more then my Crown Blush Brush! 


Nuance Brightnening Facial Serum & AM/PM Super Creme $19.99 each
Review: I want to keep this review short because I am going to do an in depth review very soon. For a drugstore product, I really feel that this product works. It makes my skin feel soft and hydrated. It also smells sooo good!  After the second time using the Brightening Serum I already noticed my dark spots getting lighter. I know with a few more weeks of use, I will be able to skip my medium/full coverage foundation and opt for just a tinted moisturizer and still feel confident in my skins overall look.




PRO-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat $4.97 Walmart
Review: This is the last step in my nail routine every time I switch polishes! It cuts drying time in half and adds a nice high gloss finish. I'v never had any problem with it chipping and for half the price of Seche Vite, It cant be beat! Plus, the bottle size is huge...2.5oz! I've only seen these at Walmart but good luck finding them because every time I go there they are all sold out!  They also have other formulas like Apricot Cuticle Oil, Strengthener, Protein Base Coat, and lots more. Click HERE to check out the whole line.
Jilbere Ceramic Tools Straightening/Cutting Comb $6.99
Review: I never realized how important this comb is to me until I was trying to figure out what to include in this monthly favorites. I use this every single time I straighten my hair. It took a little getting used to at first but now I can not straighten my hair without it. The pointed end helps you section off the hair you want to straighten and when you clamp it down, the comb side smoothes out your hair so your straightening iron glides over your hair and evenly reaches every strand of hair. Not to mention how many burns I'v avoided with this. Its such an amazing tool to have! Sections, combs and protects hands in one easy step! I got this years ago at Sally Beauty.


Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconsonstructing Masque $58 5.1oz
Review: I got this in my August BirchBox and have been using it ever since. I've been trying to use as little as possible each time so the sample bottle can last as long as possible lol Once a week I apply about 2 quarter size drops (recommended quantity depends on length and thickens of your hair) to my towel dried hair and leave in on over night. Every once in a while I will distribute about a quarter size drop into my wet hair and use it as a leave in conditioner. Other times I will leave it in my hair for 15 minutes and wash it out. Just depends on what I feel my hair needs at the time.This makes your hair smell so good, even after you was it out! It smells like perfume so if you dont like scented hair, this is not for you. I have to be honest though, with a $58 price tag, I will not be repurchasing the full size bottle. It works well but I am perfectly happy with the way my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for $4 works! 






What are some of your August favorites??? 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I am glad you liked the granola bars! I love them!!! my fav is chococonut. I really that weird looking comb too! lol I always comb my hair with my fingers while putting the straight iron on my hair so it evens it out but I am sure that is way more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They r so good! rafa likes that one. lol

    ReplyDelete