What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Friday, August 12, 2011

Back To School Basics: Beginners Makeup Kit for $15

Its that time of year again, back to school time! Along with your new binders, pencils, and backpacks, why not get all new makeup? But that will be to expensive, right? Wrong! There are some great products out there that wont break the bank. Take a look at the list I made of the basics for a back to school makeup kit. I am a huge fan of e.l.f Cosmetics, they are inexpensive and great quality and perfect for beginners as well and non beginners. I also included reviews and prices. 


Face


e.l.f Studio Tinted Moisturizer 
$3 at Target or click HERE to shopthe Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
Not only is this inexpensive but, it works! Its great light weight, everyday makeup. When your going to school, the last thing you want it to look like you have a ton of makeup on. This gives you just enough coverage to look done up without over doing it. I would apply with your clean fingers or with a damp makeup sponge.






e.l.f Studio Translucent Matifying Powder 
$3 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
This product will help your foundation stay on and stay shine free! I love this compact because it has a sleek modern design and looks so cute in your backpack or purse, not to mention the great HUGE mirror! 


e.l.f Essentials Natural Radiance Blusher 
$1 at Target of click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
This is one of the first e.l.f products I bought and it is amazing! It is only $1 and it is SOOO pigmented, almost too pigmented! A little goes a long way with these blushes! They come in 7 shades so, they will match any skin tone!








e.l.f Essentials Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
These come in 4 shades, my favorite being Sun Kissed. I have a few high end bronzers and I always find myself going back to this one every once in a while. It gives you a nice healht glow to your skin without looking to "glittery". This product is also very pigmented to apply with a light hand. 




e.l.f Studio Blush Brush
$3 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
I chose this $3 brush from the Studio line rather then the $1 brush from the Essentials line because this one is SOOOO much softer then the $1 one. It has better quality bristles which will help you achieve a smother finish for your blush or bronzer.






Eyes


e.l.f Brightening Eye Color 
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
These quads come in 19 different sets and in my opinion are better then there Studio line eye shadows. There is such a huge selection of colors, from nudes for natural eyes to bright colors for fun summer looks. 


e.l.f essential Brightening Eye Liner
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Ok, so this isnt the most long wearing eyeliner in the world. It will last a few hours and if you apply a dark shadow over it , it will last a while longer. I like these because they come in 7 different colors which allows you to chose a few colors to play with without spending much. Colored liner is a huge trend right now, the bolder the better! Just remember to keep the rest of your makeup simple if you go bright with the liner. 


Lips

e.l.f Hypershine Gloss
$1 at Traget or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE for Beautylish Reviews
I think I own every single shade they offer in this line. You cant beat $1! There are 12 shades in this line ranging from clear, frosty pink to plum. It make Allure's favorite list and its the perfect touch to finish off your look. 






Here is a list of a few extras to add to your kit




e.l.f Essentials Mechanical Eyelash Curler 
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Click HERE  for Beautylish Reviews
Disclaimer: BE CAREFUL when using this product for the first time. When clamping down, do it slowly so that if you are to close to your eyelid, you wont majority hurt yourself.  These can be tricky at first but with practice you will get better and you will also get gorgeous curl to your lashes! This happens to be my favorite curler and the only one I use!





Makeup sponges 
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
Dampen the sponge with water to get a smoother finish.


















e.l.f Essentials Eye Shadow Brush
$1 at Target or click HERE to shop the Eyes Lips Face website
This is MY FAVORITE eyeshadow brush! Its perfect to pat your shadow on your lids and even blend out. I always pick some of these up when I'm at Target. I keep these in stock in my collection so I dont always have to wash my brush between colors. Im lazy like that lol I love this brush and recommend it to all my friends


What is in your back to school makeup kit?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE e.l.f they make really good cheap products that can compete with most high-end products :)

    I actually wrote a couple things on them on my blog too! Check it out: http://bbyvcs.blogspot.com/

    Tell me what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love elf! Their products were the first ones i bought to start my collection a few years ago. Cute looks on your blog!

    ReplyDelete