What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Royal Affair!




The set I ordered includes:
- Chisel powder brush
- Chisel blush brush
- Oval shadow brush
- Oval fluff brush
- Oval concealer brush


After weeks of waiting, my Crown Brushes are finally hereee!!! I was so happy to see the little blue Hautelook package waiting for me when I got home!  I will be doing a complete review once I really get to use these brushes so, for now I will tell you about my first impression.


The brushes come in a black leather brush roll sealed in a plastic bag for protection during shipping. It also includes your receipt and a Hautelook post card about their fabulous getaways.  
* The hearts are there to cover my address =0)




Inside the brush roll, all the brushes come in a protective plastic sleeve, two of the larger brushes come with one of those plastic bristle protectors. 
the very first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the smell of platic/leather . I love that smell of new plastic! Is that weird? lol 




Once i removed the brushes from the plastic sleeves, the second thing I noticed was that the brushes did not have a stainless steel handle like I thought it did. In the pictures online, they looked stainless steel!! They are actually wood handles painted silver. I guess I should have read the description a little more carefully. At first glance I was not impressed with the quality of the handles. 

They were spray painted silver and had wood chipping at the seams. I havent used them to apply makeup so I am not talking about the quality as it relates to applying makeup, just how the products looks. The bristles are very soft but, just from feeling them to test the quality, I already saw shedding. The black brush roll is soft and flexible, it has a few loose stiches but other then that it looks like it is very sturdy and well made. It has 2 velcro strips to keep the roll closed.  I also realized it didnt come with a foundation brush, again I should of read the description more carefully when I purchased them. I was just so excited to get a deal on these that I didn't even research or pay any attention to the facts lol. 


The Final Blurb
My first impression of these brushes were not very good. If I would have seen them at a store in person before I purchased them, I probably would not have gotten them. Fingers crossed they apply makeup better then they look! 
Pros: I got a good deal, they are cute, great brush roll
Cons: at first glance they dont look impressive, wood chipping at seams of handles, no foundation brush


* I am not trying to bash Crown Brushes in any way. I have seen tons and tons of great reviews and am very optimistic that I will love using them. Like I said before, this review is only based on what they look like. This set is originally $75 but I got them on Hautelook for about $36 with tax and shipping. They are a not cheap brushes which is why i expected the very best quality in appearance and performance . I will always gibe my honest opinion on this blog in order for my readers to get a better idea of a product before spending their own money. 





If you dont know what Haurelook is, it is a premier members-only site that offers private, limited-time sale events on the world's best brands. Each day, members receive an email invitation to the newest, most exclusive sale events on the best merchandise for men, women, kids, home and beauty - at prices up to 75% off retail. HauteLook is free to join and everyone is welcome - there are no commitments or charges for membership. They sell anything from beauty products, men's and women's clothes, home decor, even vacation packages! 
Click HERE to sign up for Hautelook if you aren't already a member. Its free!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment