What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Collective Weekend Haul






I had such a busy weekend with my 4 year wedding anniversary and my birthday but, I still managed to escape the craziness and stop by Sephora for a few minutes. I didnt have much time so I just grabbed 2 items to satisfy my need to buy something and ran to the checkout line. While I was checking out I realized I was able to get my free birthday gift! Wohoo! I had completely forgotten! I also swung buy CVS and took advantage of their NYC cosmetics BOGO 50% off sale.  


First thing I picked up at Sephora was this set of Benefit's Feelin' Cheeky Minis. The set includes Posie Tint in Poppy Pink and Bene Tiny in Rose which are lip and cheep stains and High Beam in Shimmering Pale Pink which is a gorgeous highlight. Because of their formula which is like a stain, they last forever! No need to retouch through the day. This set was $15. Click HERE to buy.
The Posie Pink goes on like a lip gloss, very smooth and easy to blend. The High Beam is a little thicker but also very east to blend. I had a little trouble blending the Bene Tint because the consistency is like water and it almost seems to absorb into your skin, this is why it lasts all day. The applicator looks like a nail polish applicator so its very east to dot your cheeks or lips and just blend.

The second set I picked up was Benefit's One Prime Day. This set of Benefit's best selling primers is $10 . This set of mini primers will set your makeup and have you looking perpetually pretty no matter what the situation. "That Gal" face primer smooths on a brighter complexion, The POREfessional PRO balm minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines, and dual-action Stay Don't Stray eye primer locks on concealer and eye shadow for all-day wear. Click HERE to buy.


Last thing I picked up at Sephora was FREE! It was my birthday gift! You can get one on your birthday too, all you have to do is become a Beauty Insider.....its free!. You get a card that earns you points to redeem a prize with every dollar you spend online or at stores. Click HERE to join. This Shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath combo in Vanilla Cupcake by Philosophy is amazing! It feels like velvet on your skin and smells so yummy! I think my husband likes it more than I do! lol 

I also swung by CVS to pick up some household items and ended up getting makeup and forgetting what I had gone there to get in the first place! Typical makeup junkie I guess lol.


There was a BOGO 1/2 off sale on all the NYC eye shadows, lips, and face products so I picked up 2 more shadow duos,a lip gloss, 2 nail polishes and the famous bronzer in Sunny. So many people rave about this bronzer, I had to try it! I've only used it a few times but Im completely in love with it! There is nothing better then finding an inexpensive products that works so well. It makes me so excited to see what else all these great drugstore brands come out with. 

These NYC City Duet Eye Shadows are only $2.99 and they have better color payoff then some of my high end eye shadows! The colors are vibrant and feel SO smooth! I like that they don't have any shimmer in them, most drugstore brands with bright colors do.  There are 5 duos to chose from in this line.



 Red: Times Square Yellow: Lemon Cream

At target I got the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Standsrom. They were selling a pack of 2 for less then $4! I never paid much attention to Rimmel but Im starting to really LOVE their products! The best part is most of their products are so cheap!!
Reviews for these products coming soon. I want to have some time to really use them and see how they perfom.










No comments:

Post a Comment