What keeps you coming back to a blog?

Friday, July 29, 2011

Review: Cover Girl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation

I was strolling through the beauty isles at Walmart the other day, trying to decide what new products I was going to take home with me. I shuffled around some items on the very top shelf and I came across some samples of the Cover Girl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation! It was the first time I had ever seen makeup samples at Walmart! I had always been curious about this foundation but never really wanted to spend my money on it because it just seemed so "gimmicky" Natural, light weight makeup with good coverage? I had to see for myself. By the way, Cover Girl states on their website that if you are not completely satisfied with this product, they will refund your money. This line has 14 shades and sells for about $10 in most drugstores.







The sample pack includes 2 shades of foundation and 2 coupons that total in $4 savings. I mixed a little of both colors so I was able to get 2 uses out of this sample.


These have a very smooth texture. It is creamy but when blending almost has a slight mousse consistency. The first time i used it, I applied it with my fingers and with no primer. I really wanted to test drive it with the bare minimum to see how it performs. It applied smoothly with ok blending.It did get a bit flakey on some of the drier areas on my skin ( I have oily skin but because of my skin routine, i have been getting dry patches on my chin). I wouldn't recommend this foundation for those of you with dry skin. It really matifies your face. It gives you low medium to light  coverage but for days you just want to give your skin a little pick me up and not look to overdone, this would work. beause it applies so smooth, you could probably get away What surprised me the most was that It kept the shine away! I am so used to reaching for my blotting papers throughout the day that it was a nice surprise to not have to worry for a change about wether I looked like a disco ball or not...yea..its that bad! lol. The second time around I used a primer and applied it with a Beauty Blender. The application was alot smother with the Beauty Blender and the final look was seemed to have slightly more coverage then when applied with my fingers. It lasted all day with little to no shine! Although its performance did surprise me, I don't think I will be purchasing this product. The colors run a little pink and I couldn't find a descent match.











The Final Blurb
Application: B+
Blendability: B-
Coverage: D
Lasting Power: A-
Price: C

No comments:

Post a Comment